Infinite's "Dilemma" [Normal Version: Review/Unboxing]

8:21 PM



For today's blog, I've decided to review and unbox Infinite's Dilemma. This is of course, a Japanese single collaboration with Tomoyasu Hotei. Dilemma has a different and distinct rock genre in comparison to Infinite's usual pop and retro-esque genre. It's quite a refreshing change of pace if I say so myself, from what we are all used to when it comes to Infinite. Whatever genre of music they decide to take on, they can totally nail it and mark it as their own. Of course this is said with a biased and non biased feelings but I do think that it's Infinite's specialty. They're all so well rounded. When the mv for Dilemma was leaked, me and my best friend had our tabs pinned and continuously replayed the video countless times. Dilemma has an equal distribution of lines throughout the seven members. Finally, am I right? Here's the tracklist for this single:


  1. Dilemma
  2. Back -Japanese Ver.-
  3. Diamond -Japanese Ver.-


Again, the track in italics is an all new and original song written just for the album. Let's take a look at the album itself. I will be reviewing and unboxing the normal version.


Limited Edition (CD + DVD) and Normal Version of Dilemma







Front and back of limited edition version (CD + DVD contents)




The following set of photos will be the actual review of the normal version. About 99.9% of my reviews will be solely based off normal versions of albums since they usually include a random photocard. I've been keeping other versions in its brand-new condition by keeping them sealed.




Front and back of normal version (outer dust sleeve)











Front, back, and the inside of normal version. I think the photos used for the back design of the jewel case are very charming





The one and only shot of OT7 in the photo booklet







Solo shots of each members. How do you guys feel about the patterned outfits? Yeol's looks like a wallpaper to me lol. It's not you Yeol, my love. It's your outfit.





The lyrics for Dilemma (Wow Wow)




To wrap this up, we will be looking at the photocard for this album and the music connecting card that was also available for purchase. The photocard is the standard size like all the previous (Last Romeo and Koi no Sign) Japanese releases. What's special about Dilemma release is the music connecting card that you can purchase separately. It's exactly as what it's called, a music card with a special code in the back that you can use to download the single album digitally. There's 7 versions available, 1 for each member. Depending on the member you bought, there will be a secret message included with the three tracks that comes with the physical copy of the album. There's an expiration date for the download and the information on that along with instructions for downloading can be found on the back. Obviously, they are in Japanese so you would need to find a translator or luckily, I've seen posts made by others on how to download the card's content for non Japanese speakers. Fortunate enough for me, I have three years high school language class + independent study knowledge of Japanese to help me out.


Music Connecting card (not included with normal and limited editions) and random photocard (included with normal version)






Closer look of the Music Connecting Card. I got mine off Yahoo Japan Auctions for ¥500 which is roughly $4.20 American dollars. (¥241 cheaper than original listed price)



Dilemma is a powerful song about internal and external conflicts when one is dealing with the topic of love. "A heart that draws me in" and "A body that goes against me". Similar to other singles, even though there's only one song, I personally think that it's worth a purchase. You also have the option to digitally download it, but like I usually tell my best friend "I do it for the photobooks" lmao. Infinite's currently holding a Japanese tour to promote the single. Their first concert took place last week in Fukuoka. Concert merchandise were sold at the venue. I've made an order for a couple of items from the Dilemma tour merchandise so please be on a look out for a review on those! Thank you for reading, friends! (^-: See you in my next post!!

                                                                                                                                                    -H





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured Post

BTS Hip Hop Monster Plushie JIN [Review/Unboxing]

March is almost over and I am back with another review/unboxing! I've recently been released from the clutches of college so I though...