BTS Japanese 1st Album "Wake Up" [Normal Version: Review/Unboxing]

9:53 PM



For my first official blog post, I will be reviewing and unboxing the normal version of BTS's Wake Up album. BTS's Japanese releases usually comes in three versions: version A and version B (cd + dvd bonus contents), and normal version. Only the normal version of releases contains 1 out of 8 possible photocards (1 of each members + 1 group). Here is the tracklist for this album:


  1. Intro.
  2. The Stars
  3. Jump -Japanese Ver.-
  4. Danger -Japanese Ver.-
  5. Boy In Luv -Japanese Ver.-
  6. Just One Day -Japanese Ver.-
  7. いいね!
  8. いいね! Pt.2 あの場所で~
  9. No More Dream -Japanese Ver.-
  10. 進撃の防弾
  11. N.O -Japanese Ver.-
  12. Wake Up
  13. Outro.

Tracks in italics are new original songs written for this album! The title track, Wake Up reminds me of a Nujabes vibes. I kind of spoiled myself and listened to it when an audio post was leaked via Tumblr. Somehow my favorite ended up being the second track on the album instead. With that said, my personal favorite would have to be The Stars. One of the unlimited reasons why BTS is such a unique group with talented individuals is the very reason that they write and produce their own music. The Stars has beautiful lyrics that hit a little bit too close to home...most of the time. Plus, Jin's angelic singing voice in this track sold me upon first listen. Heh.



 Top Row (L-R): Version A, Version B
 Bottom Row: Normal Version x3 (I've become one of those collectors..)







Closer look at version A







Closer look at version B







Last but not least, a closer look at normal version




I've only opened up the normal version for this trio, therefore the next set of photos will be from the normal version only. The photobooks in each versions vary ranges from the outfits they wore for each of the version jackets. 



Inside of the jewel case. CD and first page of photo booklet with the tracklist









   Little Jungcoco and vanilla pudding Jin. These photos makes me sob a little bit internally every time.






Wake Up's Lyrics. All I have to say is Namjoon's rap intro. *praying emoji*









The two group shots from the normal version. These are the only OT7 shots as the rest of the photo booklet consists of individual members' solos. 

Now onto the fun and main reason why I even got myself not one, not two, but three copies of the normal version. The photocards. Yes ladies and gentlemen, my luck sucks ever since I've started Bangtanning. I've yet to pull a single photocard of my bias (Jin, if it's not already obvious) out of all the merch. I own. The first card I pulled was Namjoon (/sweats nervously), the second card was Jungkook (/flips table). By this point I realized that "Third time's the charm" is the only logical answer for my situation so I went ahead and ordered a third copy. Jungkook's my BTS photocard magnet. I've pulled him so many times I even started to question myself. Don't look at me.


I really love their Japanese release photocards. Then again I'm a little bit more biased towards Japanese press of things over Korean press. Strange, I know but trust me I have my reasons.

Now when Wake Up was announced for a preorder, sites such as HMV, CDJapan, and Tower Records usually offer a special gift if you order the cd's through their website. Tower Records has offered group postcards in the past but didn't this time around for Wake Up. CDJapan offered an ad poster for each first press albums you order through their website. At the time, I didn't know that this applied to each albums, and thought it was only for the normal version based off the information listed on CDJapan's listing for this version. I ended up with a total of 4 posters in total. The preorder gift that every collector were after was HMV's. They offered a random member postcard with printed signature for their preorder. If you ordered bulk (which I recommend by the way if you're going with the HMV route), the chances of you getting each member's postcards would be more likely. However, a lovely friend of mine who ordered bulk through HMV told me that there's a possibility Jin's postcard had the least amount of prints because she didn't pull his postcard in the bulk order that she made along with other friends. Now whether this holds true I am not so sure myself. 

I made my preorder via CDJapan (as previously stated), I forgot to take a photo of the poster that I have up but here's an image of how it looks like.


Photo courtesy of: CDJapan. No copyright infringement intended.


I did however, got my hands on Jin's postcard right away from bidding on Yahoo Japan Auctions. (I do collect his merch. so it was a must). Here are some photos of it and size comparison to the regular photocard. 




Jin's HMV postcard and album photocard



Overall, this album has been one of my staples since I would often put The Stars on repeat while walking on campus to get to lectures everyday. I'm anticipating BTS's next release, hopefully it will be a full length Japanese album with all new songs included. Bighit really likes to squeeze our pockets dry with all the merchandise it put out on the regular but I assure you that if you don't already own a copy, it's worth an investment. While you're at it, might as well purchase their other albums as well *wink wink, nudge nudge* But please, don't be one of those people that buys everything only to sell them back at a unfathomable, unbelievably, ridiculously high price. It makes actual collectors like me and many others out there weep blood lol. Anyway, thank you so much for pulling all the way through the end of my very first post slash review slash unboxing! See you in my next post (^-:

                                                                                                 -H






You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. The Stars was my favorite too, and my ub is also Jinnie XD
    The Stars made me sob inside everytime

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

BTS Hip Hop Monster Plushie JIN [Review/Unboxing]

March is almost over and I am back with another review/unboxing! I've recently been released from the clutches of college so I though...